The joys and pains of starting a teaching career often go undiscussed. This field guide dives deep into the personal side of teaching, offering crucial advice, empathy, and new-teacher support. The author details six phases every new teacher goes through—anticipation, survival, disillusionment, rejuvenation, reflection, and second anticipation—and outlines targeted classroom-management strategies and self-care practices for each.
Transcend the emotional, mental, and physical problems teachers face in the classroom:
- Understand the feelings and teaching challenges of each phase during a beginning teacher’s career.
- Practice self-care to combat beginning and first-year teacher stress and burnout; avoid the mental pitfalls that so often lead to teachers changing careers.
- Learn effective classroom-management strategies for new teachers and how to maintain positive relationships with students.
- Respond to prompts that will help you process and reflect on your first years’ culmination.
- Utilize the prompts and journaling spaces throughout the book to reflect on your professional improvements and successes.
Product Code: BKF806
There are currently no reviews for this product.