This book explores the importance of effective classroom assessment to student achievement and the role of school leaders to model and spark positive change through building teacher literacy, providing targeted professional development, acquiring appropriate technology, and more. With insights from expert practitioners, this book helps schools make the shift to best-practice assessment for districtwide improvements in student learning.
- Identify the characteristics of an effective, balanced assessment system.
- Find insights into how principals can best support improved assessment practice in the classroom.
- Create professional development opportunities that build schoolwide assessment literacy.
- Learn about assessment technology tools, including what to look for, how to use them, and what to expect from staff.
- Incorporate data analysis that staff will commit to and use to improve student learning.
- Understand the advantages of implementing standards-based grading and reporting.
- Gain strategies for using assessment processes to engage learners at risk.
Product Code: BKF344
This study guide is arranged by chapter, enabling readers to either work their way through the entire book or to focus on topics addressed in a particular chapter.
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- See all reproducibles for this book.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
“Readers will be deeply impressed by the authors' insights, the diversity of their perspectives on improvement, and the creativity and breadth of their proposed solutions. . . . Just as a ‘one size fits all’ approach does not work in teaching, it does not work in leadership, either.”
—From the introduction by Thomas R. Guskey