Implement a comprehensive vocabulary program. Build a system of excellence that ensures students can understand complex texts, engage deeply with content-area concepts, and participate in academic discussions. This workshop will guide your school or district through every step of designing and implementing a customized program of direct vocabulary instruction. Training can be customized to focus on vocabulary in the Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, or other state standards.Request information
- Learn a process for creating a list of essential academic and content-specific terms and phrases to use in direct instruction of English language arts, mathematics, science, and other content areas.
- Create systems to assess and track students’ vocabulary knowledge over time.
- Acquire a six-step process for effective vocabulary instruction.
- Practice teaching each of the six steps.
- Integrate engaging and motivational techniques such as games, technology, and graphic organizers.
- Gain practical suggestions for improving vocabulary instruction at all levels.
District leaders, school leaders, teachers
One or two days