Proficiency Scales Workshop
Elmwood Park, Illinois | September 26, 2019
Learn what effective teachers do to target and measure improved student learning. High-quality learning goals set an appropriate level of difficulty, drive the selection of targeted instructional activities, and align with assessment tools that allow teachers and students to measure progress. Explore the research on goal setting and two different kinds of learning goals. Then learn how to design goals that align with proficiency scales, measure student performance, and track results.
- Distinguish between true learning goals and classroom activities or assignments.
- Understand the difference between declarative and procedural knowledge.
- Translate broad standards into specific learning goals.
- Design goals at varying levels of difficulty, and differentiate content for student needs.
- Explore three levels of cognition, and learn how to design corresponding assessment items and tasks.
Hear from our attendeesI learned so much, and I’m very excited to bring this information back to my team. The hands-on work was so helpful! So helpful! The workshop cemented what I already knew and supported new learnings. The examples and opportunities to create and collaborate were valuable. I feel equipped to try this work back home.
Product Code: WSL143
Jan K. Hoegh has been a classroom teacher, building-level leader, professional development specialist, assistant high school principal, and curriculum coordinator.
Presenters are subject to change.
Elmwood Park High School
8201 W. Fullerton Avenue
Elmwood Park, IL
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
3939 N. Mannheim Rd
Schiller Park, IL 60176
Cancellations and Substitutions
All cancellations and substitutions must be in submitted in writing via fax (812.336.7790) or email email@example.com
- Cancellations more than 90 days prior to the event require a $75 processing fee per person.
- Cancellations between 10 and 90 days prior to the event require half the registration fee.
- Cancellations less than 10 days prior to the event will receive no refund.
Included with your registration:
|8:00–8:30 a.m.||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|9:00–10:00 a.m.||Standards, Learning Goals, and Learning Targets and Distinguishing Between Declarative and Procedural Knowledge|
|10:15–11:45 a.m.||Writing Clear Learning Goals at Three Levels of Cognition|
|11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||LUNCH (on site, included in registration fee)|
|12:30–2:00 p.m.||Using Proficiency Scales to Track Student Progress and Celebrate Student Success; Connecting Proficiency Scales to Assessment|
|2:15–3:15 p.m.||Connecting Proficiency Scales to Assessment|
|3:15–3:30 p.m.||Closure and Feedback|