Standards, Assessment, & Grading for Teachers Workshop
- Please note: Registration will close two business days prior to the event start date.
- Marzano Resources is closely following updates about new or updated COVID-19 guidance from local and state officials related to events and public health. We have proactively taken steps to promote the health and safety of our attendees, associates, and staff.
Transitioning to standards-based learning is a process. During this two-day workshop, Tammy Heflebower engages teachers in that process through conversations, opportunities to try new ideas, and feedback from peers. As teachers seek to shift the way they think about what and how they teach, this workshop provides concrete tools and practical experiences that help teachers navigate the transition one step at a time. Discussions will highlight current educational issues such as how to facilitate standards-based learning in hybrid and remote environments and how proficiency scales and standards-based reporting can be leveraged to identify and close achievement gaps for all students. Join Tammy for this experience that has the potential to revolutionize your approach to teaching and learning.
- Understand the rationale for standards-based learning.
- Discover concrete tools that will help you successfully navigate the transition to standards-based learning.
- Explore examples of other educators who have implemented standards-based learning in their classrooms.
- Discuss how standards-based learning looks in hybrid and remote environments.
- Learn how to leverage proficiency scales and standards-based reporting to improve student achievement.
Learn from leading experts
Agenda and speakers are subject to change.
Thursday, December 2nd
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Planning Instruction With Proficiency Scales
Instructing With Proficiency Scales Continued
Setting Goals and Tracking Progress
Friday, December 3rd
Classroom Assessment and Grading
Teaching Exceptional Learners Continued
Communication and Report Cards
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Marzano Resources. After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
Holiday Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center-Centennial
6638 S Nome Street
Centennial, CO 80111
Discounted Rate: (single or double) $129 per night
Deadline: November 8, 2021 or until group rate is sold out.
Parking information: Complimentary
Marzano Research Training Center
12577 E Caley Ave
You will receive a certificate of participation 6 weeks after the event concludes. Please check with your local education authority for CEU availability.
Product code: WSL240Five Reasons to Attend a Marzano Resources Event (PDF)
A Letter to Your Boss (DOC)
Included with your registration
Designed specifically for K–12 teachers, this guide provides a sequential approach to implementing standards-based education in the classroom. Transition to more effective instructional strategies and use standards-based grading and assessment methods to better measure student learning.