Teacher's Guide to Standards-Based Learning
Transitioning to a standards-based classroom is a major change but one that is highly beneficial for both teachers and students. Rather than focusing on abstractions and theories, this on-site session provides teachers, and those who guide change in their classrooms, with practical, hands-on strategies and advice for shifting to standards-based learning.Request information
- Understand the role of standards and proficiency scales in a standards-based classroom.
- Review how to apply standards-based procedures for planning and delivering instruction.
- Learn effective ways for students to set goals and track their progress.
- Discover how to use proficiency scales as the basis of creating and scoring quality classroom assessments.
- Acquire strategies for configuring grades in a thoughtful manner and communicating them effectively.
Teachers, literacy coaches, curriculum designers
- 1-2 days