Vocabulary for the Common Core
Ensure mastery of essential vocabulary from the Common Core. This workshop guides schools and districts through the creation of a successful vocabulary program, highlighting academic and content-area terms taken directly from the Common Core State Standards for mathematics and English language arts.
Lay the foundation for deep learning. A strong vocabulary is an engine that fuels future learning. Learn how to navigate the vocabulary of the CCSS and select the most important cognitive terms for each grade level and content area. Comprehensive yet manageable, this workshop uses descriptions, examples, and a six-step process for direct instruction to draw a clear map for implementation across a school or district.Request information
- Learn why direct vocabulary instruction is crucial to developing readers and thinkers.
- Explore the research linking vocabulary knowledge with academic achievement.
- Discover a six-step process for effective vocabulary instruction.
- Gain resources and templates to support your vocabulary instruction.
- Acquire a process for creating a customized set of academic and content-area vocabulary.
District leaders, school leaders, teachers
One or two days