On-Site & Virtual Professional Learning for Social-Emotional
Cultivate a supportive school community that meets every student’s learning needs. Our experts will equip you with a customized toolkit of skills and resources for fostering whole-child development and ensuring compassionate, positive learning environments where all students thrive.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Your team is ready to gain understanding, inspiration, and strategies to implement social-emotional learning. See one-day services
You need more intensive sessions to deepen understanding and further your progress. See two-to-four-day services
You want to embed key processes, practices, and procedures designed to significantly improve staff performance and student achievement. See multi-day services
Building Your Skills
An associate will deliver a customizable presentation on effectively integrating social-emotional learning practices in a school or district.I would like to learn more
The School Wellness Wheel Overview
Learn how to transform your school from a traditional, curriculum-focused center to an organization that facilitates healing and builds resilience, allowing all students to reach their highest potential and engage in deeper, more authentic learning.
- Explore the critical components of mastery-based schooling.
- Consider the science supporting and implementation of trauma-informed principles.
- Learn how culturally responsive teaching is a vital piece for deep learning.
Educator Wellness Overview
Educator and teacher self-care can be challenging, but embracing a holistic health and wellness plan can improve your physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being both inside and outside of school. In this training, you’ll acquire ideas and guidance you can use to embark on your own wellness journey.
- Review the four dimensions of educator self-care and wellness—(1) physical, (2) mental, (3) emotional, and (4) social—and 12 corresponding routines.
- Engage in thoughtful reflection on the importance of educator self-care and well-being.
- Learn ongoing wellness habits you can begin practicing immediately.
Motivating and Inspiring Students Overview
Bringing motivation and inspiration to the classroom is not easy. Discover a results-driven framework you can use to provide engaging instruction to students. This training shares facts about the nature of motivation and inspiration as well as detailed strategies for connecting with students..
- Reflect on your own teaching practices and the extent to which your behavior instills purpose, inspiration, and passion in your students.
- Get inspired—or re-inspired—to awaken each and every learner in your classroom.
- Review mindsets, dispositions, and behaviors that result in negative, unhelpful thinking and in positive, productive thinking.
Deepening Your Skills
The School Wellness Wheel
Evolve your school to address trauma, promote well-being, and elevate learning. Backed by educational, psychological, and medical research, this training provides a growth-focused framework for supporting students’ cognitive, social, and emotional needs.
- Learn how to develop resilience-centered schools that promote healing and higher levels of wellness and learning.
- Acquire research-based practices to foster a culture of mastery and ownership and build positive teacher-student relationships.
- Understand the effects of trauma and adverse childhood experiences on students’ cognitive, social, and emotional growth.
Educator and teacher wellness is a personal journey. And like all journeys, there are starts, stops, and bumps in the road. Designed to prompt reflection and action, this training takes you on a deep exploration where you will uncover profound answers that ring true for you.
- Observe how a commitment to daily self-care and well-being leads to a more fulfilling, successful life in and outside of the school setting.
- Explore self-care activities for teachers and educators to sustain well-being in the face of workplace overload and potential burnout.
- Learn how to monitor your self-care progress and design an actionable wellness plan for next steps.
Coaching for Educator Wellness
Fully and confidently step into your role as an instructional coach. This training offers evergreen strategies alongside fresh new solutions that will help you differentiate coaching practices for new and veteran teachers, address teacher self-care, and more. Partner with our experts as you continue to improve your craft and help teachers find their own greatness.
- Review research surrounding best teacher coaching practices.
- Explore strategies for differentiating coaching practices for teachers at every stage of their career.
- Study the four types of support, and learn how to match support to meet each teacher’s needs during different phases of the school year.
- Use interactive activities, tools, and templates to help support all teachers in increasing their expertise.
- Consider how self-care and professional wellness for adults are foundational supports for social-emotional learning for students.
Motivating and Inspiring Students
This interactive training is based on the idea that we all have four systems—knowledge, cognitive, metacognitive, and self—working in our minds at any given moment. While K–12 education has traditionally done a solid job of focusing on the knowledge and cognitive systems, the metacognitive and self systems have often been neglected in schools. Understand, appreciate, and address these other two systems in order to reach the whole child and awaken each and every learner in the classroom.
- Learn the four systems that humans operate under at all times and how these systems impact students and teachers in schools.
- Delve into the metacognitive and self systems’ hierarchy of goals, and understand how teachers can address these goals in order to reach students’ hearts, heads, and hands.
- Discover ways to create a culture and climate in schools and classrooms that awaken students to new possibilities and excitement.
Mindsets and Skill Sets for Learning
Cultivate confident thinkers who have a strong sense of agency over their lives. In this training, you’ll learn what student agency looks and sounds like in the classroom and gain strategies for developing a learner-centered culture, establishing well-defined learning targets, deliberately planning and structuring lessons, and more.
- Explore the Mindsets and Skill Sets framework for building agency, and understand the importance of developing self-agency in students.
- Receive detailed explanations of each component of the framework and guidance for putting it into practice in your classroom.
- Utilize an agency unit planner to design student-centered learning experiences that develop learner agency and skills.
- Hear perspectives from teachers and students who have transformed learning and increased student engagement using the framework.
Self-Care for Educators
Establish habits and routines that allow you to bring your very best self to those you serve. By utilizing a research-based framework for self-care, this training helps educators of all levels and backgrounds develop personalized self-care plans. You’ll leave feeling inspired, rejuvenated, and empowered.
- Explore foundational research and theory on self-care.
- Understand how Maslow’s hierarchy of needs comes into play in one’s personal and professional life.
- Gain strategies and recommendations related to each level of the hierarchy that can be implemented immediately.
Cultivating Mindfulness in the Classroom
Learn practical tools and strategies to incorporate mindfulness activities in the classroom and school, and gain an understanding of how to educate school leaders, parents, and students as to the value of cultivating mindfulness.
- Understand the research that supports integrating mindfulness in schools, including the science of mindfulness.
- Experience five major benefits of mindfulness: stress reduction, attention, emotional control, positive self-concept, and positive interactions.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of modeling, teaching, and reinforcing mindfulness.
- Learn practical activities to help students develop a positive self-concept and improve their overall well-being and relationships.
- Explore useful tools to help students focus their attention, reduce stress, and bring an awareness to their emotions.
Sustaining Your Skills
A Marzano Resources associate will work side by side with you in cultivating a classroom and school culture that motivates and inspires students and educators alike. From integrating mindfulness practices into your daily routine to addressing trauma within the school community to nurturing educator wellness, your expert coach will help you create and implement the necessary systemic changes documented in your school’s individualized learning plan.I would like to learn more
Unlock unlimited access to professional learning videos focused on research-based practices for meeting the social-emotional needs of students and ensuring educator wellness. Designed in collaboration with leading educational experts like Robert J. Marzano, Tina H. Boogren, Mike Ruyle, and Julia A. Simms, Global PD provides meaningful web-based learning in an on-demand format that accommodates educators’ busy schedules.
- Gain essential knowledge from 43 curated videos in The New Art and Science of Teaching PD playlist.
- Benefit from just-in-time learning you can access anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Organize playlists around your chosen topics and share among your group to increase engagement and learning.