On Excellence in Teaching
Learn from the world’s best education researchers, theorists, and staff developers as they present recommendations on effective instruction. The book provides a comprehensive view of instruction from a theoretical, systemic, and classroom perspective. The authors’ diverse expertise delivers a wide range of ideas and strategies.
- Focus on outcomes by exploring the mission, learning goals, and demands of being a teacher.
- Discover what we know now through decades of research on teacher effectiveness.
- Study the art and the science of instruction and how it connects to the classification of instructional methods.
- Through research on the psychology of school subjects, learn how the science of learning can contribute to improving instruction.
- Examine the decline of the study of the arts, and consider its incompatibility with 21st century skills.
- Learn how providing honest, up-to-date information for curriculum mapping has directly impacted the roles of the teacher and learner.
- Explore metacognitive awareness, and discover how controlling your inner world can make you more effective in addressing difficult classroom situations.
- Equip yourself with four learning styles and eight motivators that can help increase student engagement.