Scheduling for Personalized Competency-Based Education
A challenge at the heart of personalized competency-based education (PCBE) is grouping and scheduling students according to their learning needs rather than their age. With this guidebook, you’ll take a deep dive into the why and how of these foundational PCBE components. Gain clear guidance for gathering standards-based data and then using the results to create schedules that promote student proficiency.
- Recognize the shortcomings of a traditional education system.
- Explore the benefits of a well-organized PCBE school.
- Understand how to use student data and learning-focused school scheduling techniques to overcome common challenges faced during the transition to PCBE.
- Receive helpful example class schedules from schools that have successfully implemented PCBE processes.
- Learn how teachers can incorporate PCBE-style flexibility within individual classrooms for personalized learning.