Transform teaching and learning with personalized competency-based education (PCBE). With the support of this comprehensive guide, you will first discover how to define your vision of PCBE and then learn how to realize this vision by fully implementing the system across your school or district. Strategies, tools, and case studies are shared throughout to help you overcome the challenges of change and succeed with PCBE.
Help your school or district overcome all obstacles related to PCBE:
- Become familiar with the PCBE system of education, including its unique qualities and benefits.
- Study the transformation to a PCBE system, which involves a combination of vision and process.
- Study six core ideas and their associated principles and use them to build your own PCBE vision.
- Determine the unique changes that your school or district will require to best meet students’ needs through differentiated instruction.
- Read stories from real schools and districts that have transformed to PCBE and addressed the challenges of organizational change.
- Discover many organizations that can help with the transition to a learner-centered classroom.
Product Code: BKL040
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Write Your Own Review
“Transforming education toward personalized competency-based learning in support of whole-child development is essential and complex work. This practical guide to reinventing schools offers a valuable map of the kinds of variables schools can consider, along with much-needed guidance on the complex process of guiding change in specific places and systems.”
—Katherine Prince, Vice President of Strategic Foresight, KnowledgeWorks
“There’s no one way to begin shifting the paradigm from time-based industrial models of schooling to competency-based systems. This book provides multiple pathways to progress in shifting our systems that are currently designed to rank and sort children toward contemporary, personalized approaches and competency-based systems of learning for building student success. It offers holistic guidance on moving the needle and the authors recognize this requires more than piecemeal change. It offers a variety of options to foment important conversations to drive toward system transformation.”
—Susan Patrick, President & CEO, Aurora Institute
“Vision and Action is a comprehensive, thoughtful explication of personalized learning. Reigeluth and Karnopp succeed in knitting together specific illustrations of practice and organizational design within a coherent and accessible conceptual framework. As a result, readers will enjoy both the breadth and depth of this interesting examination of a breakthrough approach to learning.”
—Nick Donohue, President & CEO, The Nellie Mae Education Foundation
“Personalized and competency-based learning is a team sport—and Vision and Action is the playbook for the whole team. It’s a great how-to book for a system. It’s a good read by yourself, but it’s even better if school and system leaders study it together. I love the attention paid to new roles that are created and the new cultural behaviors that are required by personalized and competency-based learning.”
—Tom Vander Ark, CEO, Getting Smart