Tina H. Boogren
Tina H. Boogren, PhD, is a fierce advocate for educators and an award-winning educator, best-selling author, and highly sought-after speaker.
Tina H. Boogren
Tina H. Boogren, PhD, is a fierce advocate for educators and an award-winning educator, best-selling author, and highly sought-after speaker. Tina has proudly served as a classroom teacher, mentor, instructional coach, and building-level leader and has presented for audiences all over the world.
Dr. Boogren is deeply committed to supporting educators so that they can support their students. She conducts highly acclaimed and inspiring keynotes, workshops, and virtual webinars that focus on quality instruction, coaching, mentoring, and professional wellness and she hosts a weekly podcast, Self-Care for Educators with Dr. Tina H. Boogren.
Dr. Boogren was a 2007 finalist for Colorado Teacher of the Year and was a recipient of her school district’s Outstanding Teacher Award eight years in a row, from 2002 to 2009. She is the author of numerous books, including In the First Few Years: Reflections of a Beginning Teacher, Supporting Beginning Teachers, The Beginning Teacher’s Field Guide: Embarking on Your First Years, 180 Days of Self-Care for Busy Educators, and Take Time for You: Self-Care Action Plans for Educators, which was the Independent Publisher’s Gold Award winner in the Education category. She a co-author of Strategies to Motivate and Inspire Students along with Robert Marzano, Darrell Scott, and Ming Lee Newcomb, and is a contributing author to Richard Kellough’s Middle School Teaching: A Guide to Methods and Resources and Robert J. Marzano’s Becoming a Reflective Teacher.
Presentations by Tina H. Boogren
- Take Time for You
- The Beginning Teacher’s Field Guide
- Motivating and Inspiring Students
- The Art and Science of Teaching
- Becoming a Reflective Teacher
- Teaching and Assessing 21st Century Skills
- The Highly Engaged Classroom
- Classroom Management That Works
- Walkthroughs and Instructional Rounds
- Teaching Academic Vocabulary
- Using Vocabulary Games in the Classroom
- Teaching Basic and Advanced Vocabulary
- Cultivating Mindfulness in Schools
- Collaborative Teams That Transform Schools
- The New Art and Science of Teaching
- Managing the Inner World of Teaching
- Coaching Classroom Instruction
- Common Core Implementation
- Designing and Teaching Learning Goals and Objectives
- Effective Supervision
- Using Questioning Sequences in the Classroom
- Instructional Rounds
- Supporting Beginning Teachers
- Teaching 21st Century Skills
“Dr. Boogren [displayed] authenticity while presenting practical and applicable information for self-care. She was highly informative but also gave personality and genuine care and compassion to this topic. The wait time for responses in the chat was perfect and upfront. Participation was highly encouraged, yet she made people feel safe and secure with the format. Her overall language was positive, saying ‘I invite you’ and ‘I encourage you,’ along with genuine gratitude and praise for specific ideas in the chat. She was a great presenter, and I feel that everyone was validated and left with something positive.”